I am back in town folks!
The last seven weeks has gone by very quickly and being back in Sydney is bitter sweet. The final itinerary was:
- Hong Kong (12-28 December 2009)
- Taipei (28 December 2009 – 1 January 2010)
- Seoul (1-6 January2010)
- Tokyo (6-11 January 2010)
- Kagoshima (11-12 January 2010)
- Beppu (13-14 January 2010)
- Kitakyushu (15-16 January 2010)
- Sapporo (17 January 2010)
- Moseushi/Asahikawa (18-19 January 2010)
- Hakodate (20-22 January 2010)
- Aomori (22 January 2010)
- Osaka (23-25 January 2010)
- Tokyo (26-29 January 2010)
Each place had its distinctive flavour and unique memory. It is hard to decide which place was ‘better’ as all had their individual highlights.
I had snow from Seoul to Aomori (exc Tokyo in between). Over the seven weeks, I gradually aclimatised to sub-zero temperatures and to arrive back in hot and humid Sydney was quite a shock. To have non-Japanese food was also ironically quite a relief. Italian food in Japan was really good though.
The one thing I will miss from the past seven weeks will be freedom. It will be back to the rigours of normal life in Sydney again starting from Monday.