UTS sent out an email newsletter today to all students in the first of a new series, aimed at updating students about the progress of the City Campus Master Plan. This plan being the complete revitalisation of the UTS City Campus. For those that want to see this newsletter, click here.
There are twelve primary projects, some of which include:
- Multi-purpose Sports Hall: to be built underneath Alumni Green and connecting to Building 4’s Fitness Centre, scheduled for completion in December 2010.
- Information Technology and Engineering Building (right): the new gateway to the City and home to the said faculties, this will be a five star energy efficient building to be completed by the end of 2012.
- Student Housing Tower: to be built above the Building 6 podium, to be completed by 2012.
- Learning Commons: a new relocated library, with work to commence in 2013 to be completed by 2014.
- New buildings – Building 14 and Nexus Laboratory (on Thomas Street).
- General building refurbishment and revitalised Alumni Green.
Many exciting things to come for the future students of UTS. It just makes me want to go back to UTS in five years time.